Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Face to face with a Great Dane

Hello friends, today I wanna blog about my encounter with a Great Dane on Saturday.


As promised, mum and dad brought me to Pasir Ris Farmway. As we entered a shop, we were greeted by a rare sight in Singapaw.



A Great dane!


Dad's first reaction was "Whoah, what a big dog!" Mum's reaction was " It's a Great Dane."


My reaction was...



No fear. Even though the size of his tail was actually longer than my ENTIRE body( and I'm a dachshund )...



We can still be friends.


 


It was nice meeting you!



After which, we went out to the playground. It was this huge enclosed area with a few training stations.




And because it was enclosed, I was allowed to run wild and free, with no worries.



We ended our day at the Botanic Garden.



tongue out after a long day!



I will end this post with a little trivia.


I've discovered a new activity to keep me awake while travelling on car. From the picture, can you guess what it is?


12 comments:

Joe Stains said...

I cant tell what you are doing in that car! you look real brave with that great dane, I am proud of yoU!

Precious said...

Hi Reina! Wow I saw a Great Dane too on Sunday at the SKC dog show. I jumped when he suddenly appeared behind me. The hoomans laughed like crazie at my reaction. Geez.

p.s. Lil' Reina, I was at Eastpoint on friday noon with my sista and Kor. Was that when your dad saw me? Hee.

simba said...

Hope you had a good weekend. Lots of catching up to do on everyones blogs.

Simba xx

Moosie said...

Hello Reina..
OMdoG... that Great Dane is enormous!! Can you imagine if I and next to him?? I'd be pancake if he accidentally steps on me.. *squeaking in horror*

Clover said...

Hey Reina!
You were so brave meeting that Great Dane! He was very big and very cute. I saw one once, and my Dad told me it was Scooby Doo. He was really cool but sooo scary for me, I weighed only a pound when I met him!
Love Clover xo

Luckie said...

Hi Reina
As always you do all of us proud being soooo BRAVE!! :) I can't figure out what you are doing in the car!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Reina.
That Great Dane is enormous!!! Like a Giant! Glad you were so brave a made friends with him!! Were you barking at the cars that were passing by??
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Hana the Dog said...

Wowie zowie!! That great dane is humongous!!!!! My momma would have been scared of him! You are soooo brave, Reina.

pacco said...

wow!! that was a really GREAT dane!!
but i know they are gentle giant....u seems like enjoying urself there...

ume said...

u were indeed brave brave to befriend the Great Dane, but they're gentle giants.
u chewed on your "banana"!

Boy n Baby said...

Reina, you are such a brave girl. Other pups your size would have run away.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy said...

Gosh, it would take a lot of dachsies to be as tall as a great dane! You are very brave just like a dachsie should be. It was nice of you to him be your friend.